Information we collect about you
- Personal and contact information when you create a profile account online (or update that information in your account), including your name, address, email address, telephone number(s), Ezyprizes account username, social media username(s), title, date of birth, gender and security question answers, for example town of birth and mother’s maiden name. We may collect some of that contact information when you interact with us including via our Customer Care Team.
- Details (and copies) of your communications and interactions with us via our Customer Care Team or otherwise, including by email, telephone (voice recordings), post and online via webchat, the feedback button or on Ezyprizes social media channels.
- Copies of documents you provide to prove your identity (including driving licence and passport) when you are claiming a prize, or where there is a legal reason to request this from you.
- Transaction details including payments from you for Ezyprizes games, payments to you (for example prizes), details of Ezyprizes games played and the outcomes of those games.
- Financial information including your bank account details when playing by direct debit, and payment card information when you make a purchase or load your Ezyprizes account wallet.
- Personal and contact information, including your image, voice, footage (and any other information that identifies you) when contributing to our advertising and/or media content, when completing the contributor’s consent/release form and in any correspondence with us about your contribution.
- Personal and contact information when you choose to complete a Ezyprizes form about any aspect of your Ezyprizes account, including for example prize claim forms and publicity agreements.
- Information about how you use our app or website, and which websites you came to Ezyprizes website from.
- Technical information about your device or browser when you use our app or website, including geolocation data to determine what country you are accessing our website or app from, your internet protocol (IP) address, device ID, browser type and version and time zone setting, which may in some circumstances be personal data
How and why we use your personal data
In the table below, we set out all of the ways we use your personal data, and why. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate
It is sometimes necessary for us to process your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you, or to satisfy a contractual requirement (referred to as ‘performance of a contract with you’ below), or to comply with a statutory requirement. In those circumstances, if you do not provide the personal data we require, we will be unable to provide our games or other services to you.
|How we use your personal data||Why we use your personal data|
|Registration||We use your personal and contact information to register you as a new player. We collect financial information if you register payment card information to your account or set up playing by direct debit.||Necessary for the performance of a contract with you.|
|Eligibility||We use technical information such as the location or time zone from which you access our app or website, the personal details you provide at account set up and, where relevant, any identity documents you have provided to check whether you are eligible to play our games. For example, when you set up your account we have an automated process in place to verify that the details you provide are correct||Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.|
|Verification||We may require copies of documents to verify your identity where we are required by law to provide assistance or in order to comply with any request you may make regarding a Ezyprizes account. For example, for deceased players we require certain verification information in order to close that player’s account||Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.|
|Playing our games||We use the personal and contact information provided by you and the transaction details about your purchases, to provide our games and other services to you.||Necessary for the performance of a contract with you.|
|Managing your account||We use your personal and contact information, financial information, and transaction details about your Ezyprizes purchases, to manage your Ezyprizes account, to contact you if you’ve won a prize, and to pay those prizes.||Necessary for the performance of a contract with you.|
|Paying prizes||We use your personal and contact information to contact you if you’ve won a prize, and to pay (or facilitate payment of) those prizes.||Necessary for the performance of a contract with you.|
|Staff training||We use copies of your communications with us (including voice recordings) in order to train our staff.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure that we are able to provide the best service to you).|
|Market research||We may use the personal and contact information you have provided to ask you to take part in market research or a survey. We also use the results of any surveys or market research that you undertake to improve our games, our app, our website, or our service||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to assess and improve our games, service and business).|
|Prize draws and competitions||We may use your personal and contact information, transaction details, and financial information as part of a prize draw or competition (including to enter, take part and pay any prizes due as part of that prize draw or competition).||Necessary for the performance of a contract with you.|
|Technical issues||If you contact us about an issue, we may use technical information, and personal and contact information to administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data).||Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running Ezyprizes, the provision of administration and IT services, security and fraud prevention). Necessary to comply with a legal obligation.|
|Experience and marketing||We use information about your use of our app or website, together with technical information about your device and (in some circumstances) your personal and contact information, and other relevant information that we receive from you or third parties (including aggregated information that we combine with your personal data), to deliver relevant website content, prize draws, competitions and other direct marketing to you on various channels, including on social media platforms, and to manage the delivery of that content. For example, we may automatically display relevant advertisements to you based on your use of our website||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure that you are shown or sent relevant content based on your use of our app or website and the Ezyprizes games you have played). Your consent. See further information below.|
|Advertising effectiveness||We use information about your use of our app or website and, in some circumstances, personal and contact information about you, to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to determine how effective advertising is in order to improve advertising, its relevance and in order to fulfil contracts we have with our marketing partners).|
|Analytics||We use information about your use of our app or website and technical information, including about your device or where you are accessing our app or website from, to optimise our service and to improve our app, website, games, services, direct marketing, player relationships, behaviour profiling and experiences.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to measure the interactions with our website, to define types of players of Ezyprizes games, how players play the games, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy).|
|Winners||If you win on a Ezyprizes game, we may use your personal and contact information to contact you to arrange support.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our games and to manage our winner services).|
|Publicity||We may use your personal and limited contact information in any publicity materials or events, provided that you have given your consent.||Your consent.|
|Contribution to media content||We may use your personal data provided as part of your contribution (for example, being interviewed or giving us the right to use a photograph) for our marketing content, across all media.||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to consider and/or to publish your contribution). Necessary for the performance of our contract and relationship with you (for rights management, making payments, and contacting you about your contribution).|
|Regulatory compliance||We may use your personal and contact information, financial information, information about any transaction between you and us, copies of your communications with us (including voice recordings), information about your use of the app or website, or technical information, to enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. Commission,||Necessary to comply with a legal obligation.|
|Fraud prevention||We may use your personal and contact information, financial information, information about any transaction between you and us, copies of your communications with us (including voice recordings), information about your use of the app or website, or technical information, in order to undertake analysis for the purposes of identifying and dealing with any fraud or fraudulent activity.||Necessary to comply with a legal obligation. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure that transactions and interactions with us are not fraudulent).|
|Queries and investigations||We may use your personal and contact information, financial information, information about any transaction between you and us, copies of your communications with us (including voice recordings), information about your use of the app or website, or technical information for the purpose of dealing with any investigation of a prize claim, or any request, complaint or query from you.||Necessary to comply with a legal obligation. Necessary for our legitimate interests (to respond to you and to deal with any request or claim you may make).|
We use your personal data to create aggregated data sets. You are not identifiable from that aggregated data and it is not considered personal data.
How we use your personal data for direct marketing
We send you marketing communications through a number of different channels, including email and notifications on your mobile device (messages that our app sends to your mobile device) and on your browser. Our advertising partners serve advertisements to you across the internet too.
You will receive direct marketing by email if you have opened a Ezyprizes account through our website and have either consented to receive such email marketing during account registration, or if we have a legitimate interest to send you email marketing and you have not asked us to stop.
How to opt out of direct marketing
You can opt out from receiving direct marketing communications and notifications from us at any time. There are several ways you can do this:
- To stop receiving marketing by email,
- click 'unsubscribe' in any email communication we send you; or
- To stop receiving push notifications on your mobile device, switch off the relevant option in the ‘Settings’ section of your device.
- To stop receiving push notifications in your browser, switch off the relevant options in the ‘Settings’ section of your browser. See our help page for further information on how to do this in various browsers.
- Write to us
We want to give you the best possible experience when you play Ezyprizes games and when we communicate with you. To do this we want to understand our players, what games you play and how you use our app or website. We use this information to offer you promotions that are most likely to interest you and to personalise our communications and content to make them relevant.
Sharing your information with our marketing partners
You can opt out from cookies and other technology being used for marketing purposes. Please go to Manage your cookies for information on how to do this.
How we share your data with third parties
We sometimes share the data we collect from you with the following trusted third parties:
- Banks and payment providers – to set up a direct debit on your account, to pay prizes to you and to obtain payment of any amounts due to us.
- Annuity policy providers and financial brokers – for the purposes of arranging payment of annuity prizes.
- Our IT system providers – in order to provide software to set up your player account, to communicate with you via webchat and other communications providers and to provide our systems to us, including for the purposes of hosting, support and software licensing.
- Marketing service providers – to allow us to send email communications and notifications.
- Marketing agencies – for the purposes of providing you with relevant advertising or marketing on our app, website or on social media, including for the purposes of undertaking behavioural modelling for that purpose.
- Social media platforms – for the purpose of targeted advertising.
- Online survey companies and market research agencies – to undertake surveys (including for example, our website satisfaction survey) and other market research and to analyse the results.
- Digital analytics companies – for the purposes of website analytics and reporting in respect of our analytics and marketing.
- Public relations agencies – for the purposes of managing external communications about us and our winners.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers – for the purposes of providing consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Police or other such regulatory authority – as part of an investigation or otherwise for legal or regulatory purposes.
- Dispute Resolution agencies – for the purposes of dealing with any complaints.
- Credit reference agencies – for the purpose of checking the details that you have provided us with are correct and to comply with our regulatory obligations
- Security companies and research institutions – for the purposes of security, including prevention and detection methods, for the protection of Ezyprizes
- Auditors – to audit our systems and transactions for the purposes of ensuring efficiency, or regulatory or contractual compliance.
- UK law enforcement agencies and third party security companies – for the purposes of ensuring that we comply with the law and have adequate security measures in place.
- We will disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request. We do this in order to protect our rights, property or safety or of our players, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How we protect your personal data
We have put various measures in place to protect your personal data:
- We are independently certified to a number of industry recognised standards, including ISO27001 which helps us maintain the highest levels of security across our entire business
- Our online security controls maintain confidentiality at all times, specifically for secure card payments. We are certified to the payment card data security standards (PCI-DSS) and never store card details.
- Our entire site is accessed using https rather than http, meaning that all information that is sent and received is encrypted for additional security. You can see this in the address bar of your browser.
- Our website and app are regularly audited by an independent auditor to ensure we maintain our security accreditations.
Your personal data may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA) – including by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our third parties mentioned. That includes to digital marketing or social media agencies for the purposes of providing relevant marketing or advertising to you, market research or survey providers and email marketing services, for the purposes of processing any payments that you may make to us, communicating with players delivering dynamic content to web browsers and mobile applications or for the purposes of reporting and tracking web and mobile application performance.
Where your personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we require that appropriate safeguards are in place. To find out more about the appropriate safeguards that we have in place, please contact us
How long we keep your personal data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted or anonymised (so that it can no longer be associated with you) and used for research or statistical purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements
In some circumstances you may be entitled to ask us to delete your data: see ‘Your rights’ below for further information.
You have the right:
- to ask us not to use your personal data for direct marketing. To do so, simply email us [email protected]
- to ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, if there are no compelling reasons for that processing;
- to request from us access to personal information held about you
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask that we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent;
- to ask, in certain circumstances, to delete the personal data we hold about you;
- to ask, in certain circumstances, for the processing of that information to be restricted; and
- to ask, in certain circumstances, for data portability.
By email to:[email protected]
- your full name;
- the email address registered to your account;
- a description of the data that you are requesting, including a date range;
- a copy of your current and valid photo ID (e.g. passport photo page);
- proof of your address in the form of a photocopy of a utilities or service provider bill; and
- the date of the request.
If you are unhappy with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with any concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact the Data Protection Officer by email in the first instance.